November 5, 2011

How deep His love


I fail miserably each and every day. I need the One who knows, the Man of Sorrow, who bled. Who's greatest love was that he laid his life down, broken, for me. Not worthy to be called His, yet anointed with His grace. Even when I break, when I snap, Jesus' love is greater.

Many times the most sincere way to walk with Jesus is to say nothing with the lips, but bend the knee and weep the love. -Ann Voskamp


This song has been ringing in my ears the past few days.


"How deep the Father's love for us,
  How vast beyond all measure 
That He should give His only Son
  To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
  The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
      Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
  My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
  Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
   Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
    I know that it is finished

   I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
  But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
         I cannot give an answer
  But this I know with all my heart
 His wounds have paid my ransom"



I want to share this post with you. Please make time to read it. 

Have a beautiful weekend friends!

4 comments:

Julia said...

This is a wonderful post, Allison. :)

I absolutely love the picture of leaves you shared... beautiful! :) Our leaves are changing too... *Sigh* Such an amazing time of year. :)

I got your email! Thank you for sending a reply... we would love to have ya'll the next time we do a frisbee game, and I'll be sure to let you know when we know when that is. :D It'd be great to see you all again! :)

Love & Hugs,
Julia

Rubies Like Ruth said...

Hello Allison!

We are doing a special challenge next year: faithfully memorizing 52 verses!! I know that it is difficult for an individual to continue in their memory of God’s Word, yet it is so important! So we are hoping to get a group of girls who are committed to memorize one verse each week in 2012. Would you like to join us??

~Ana Renee
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Hi Allison!

I left two little somethings for you on my blog this morning! :D

Love & Hugs,
Julia

Mama said...

My dear sweet Allison,
Isn't it wonderful that we can experience how deep His love really is? Would we really know how much He loved us if we were perfect? In our weaknesses and failures He pours out His love unconditionally. When we can love others like Him, unconditionally, maybe then we are the most like Jesus. I love your soft heart for the Lord. Thank-you for sharing your thoughts. They are reminders of His great love.
I love you,
Mama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...