April 9, 2010

Guess What???

The newest addition to our family is....

A


Baby


Duck!


Mia guessed correctly!

My dad and brother went fishing the other day and found a duck and goose nest on a small island in the lake. Benjamin took one of each. After a closer inspection of the eggs they found the Duck egg was beginning to hatch! On Easter morning it was born!

{DAY 1}
the duckling...
...soon after it was born.



A comparison between a chicken and goose egg.


{DAY 2}
LOL! Rusty didn't know what to think!!


{DAY 4}
"Rub a dub dub, I love my new tub!"


The baby loves it!



"Come here little Ducky."



"Bye for now!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O my goodness! How cute is that! I just got word that the gosling hatched. Was it yesterday or today?
Please post pics as soon as possible. I can't seem to get it in my head that the duck is swimming after a few days. I guess it is natural instincts. I don't see why Rusty wouldn't try to eat it. That would be horrible! We just got two new animals... Can you guess? Oh I can't spill, but i must. A baby RABBIT! While I was at the farm taking a mud bath (4-wheeling,) our cat, Wheaties, caught the bunny here at home. He was skinning it alive but thank goodness mom and my brothers were here to rescue it from it's fate. The sad thing is that beacuse of all it's injuries it went to heaven yesterday.
Samuel, found a turtle in front of the shed too! I know what your're thinking, why would there be a turtle in the back yard? We think it's because of the stream that is close by to our home. It's still alive and well!

I hope you are well too!

Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...