December 20, 2010

Gingerbread Recipe

Hello all! I cannot believe that Christmas is only five days away! This year has flown by so quickly. 

 I Just wanted to share a recipe I found. It is so good! 

*Gingerbread Recipe*

set oven for 350 degrees

4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons allspice
2 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
1 cup syrup (Any kind will do. I just used pancake syrup)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup butter (at room temp)
1 cup of boiling water

Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, allspice, ginger and baking soda together in one bowl. 


Mix together the eggs, syrup, sugar and butter.
Add the liquid ingredients alternately with the boiling water to the flour and spice mixture.
Pour the batter into a large greased pan or two stoneware bread pans. and bake until test done with a toothpick.


*NOTE! The recipe did not give a time to bake. I forgot to watch the how long it baked, so the next time I make this, I'll give the specific time.


Hope you enjoy this!

Blessings,


3 comments:

Kellie said...

I love gingerbread, and this recipe looks absolutely delicious!
Thanks so much for sharing!
~Kellie~

Rebekah said...

Yum...the gingerbread looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Have a wonderful Christmas Allison!

~Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison,
I'm going to do this recipe for school! it looks yummy-emailpal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...