October 7, 2010

Anne with a spark of Scarlett inspiration

I've had so much fun making this blouse for the Historical Costume Inspiration Festival!

My inspiration was Anne's lovely blouse:

This was my favorite outfit in the whole movie.

We used New Look 6599 as a base pattern but my mom and I altered the neck line, lengthened the sleeves quite a bit, drafted a sleeve cuff, and added elastic. Whew! ; )
My mother is an amazing seamstress and this blouse wouldn't be possible without her help!
Thank-you Mama! ♥

Here it is...
(You can click on all the pictures below to make them bigger.)




We picked out some pretty lacy netlike fabric for the top of the blouse.
It was too thin and delicate, so one night I was staring at the curtains in my bedroom when Scarlet O'Hara came to mind. The curtain was perfect! Mama agreed and the next day we bought a panel.

Trim from the bottom of the panel.

We didn't have time to make the long edwardian skirt to go with it.

I had make a light corduroy skirt a few years before, and, with a brown ribbon, it finished the outfit.

The sleeves are the best part. : )







Serious.


Done!

Thanks for taking the time to look!

                Blessings,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would * LOVE* to sew like that! i just finished a skirt. a first timer at sewing =). i love old fashioned eras! it an excellent skill sewing is.

Hannah Eden

Apprentice Seamstress said...

Its Beautiful!
I love the sleeves the best! Its very becoming on you!

xo
Mia

Allison said...

Hannah,
I'm a "first timer at sewing" too! : )

Miss Mia,
Thank-you! : )

Moriah Simonowich said...

Oh, Allison! That is such a *beautiful* blouse! It's so Anne! lol I just watched The Continuing Story last night, so I'm kind of in that Anne of Green Gables mood. :)

You look so lovely in the blouse! I love all of the pictures! :D

Well, I hope you have a great weekend.

Many Blessings in Christ,
Moriah

Elinor Dashwood/Melanie said...

It's beautiful! I LOVE the sleeves!!

Atlanta said...

This is so lovely and feminine! It looks like so much fun to wear!!

Anonymous said...

that is amazing for a first timer! i think when i get home, i will have to make a blouse like it.i love old fashioned things! you did an outstanding job!

~hannah`

Michaela said...

Sooo lovely! Beautiful pictures, and I just love your header! :)

Shannon said...

That came out so beautiful! You did a wonderful job, and I love the vintage lace. Your photos were also a joy to look at....

Blessings,
~Shannon~

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love that blouse Allison! You did a fabulous job. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

Allison,
Hi! Oriana here from the old-fashioned picnic...I emailed you did you get it? I love your shirt you made! It is so awesome! I LOVE Anne Shirley!
Oriana

Sarah Belle said...

Hello Allison!
That is such a sweet blouse!!!
You did a fabulous job!!!

(Hugs)

Allison said...

Thank-you so much! Ya'll are so sweet!

Oriana, I did get your email, and sent one back. I'll try to send it again! : )

Unknown said...

Dear Allison ~ Thanks again for participating in the project to make hats for Romania. The project has officially ended and I'd like to know how many hats we made in all, so please visit the blog post {see link below} and then click on the link in the post to fill out a short form I've made for all the participants. If you have any questions, please let me know! Blessings!

http://www.heirsofpromise.net/2010/10/hats-for-romania-and-they-mailed.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison, my name is Camille and I just started following. I LOVE the blouse! It is just lovely! Did you use a spacific pattern for it?

Blessings,

~Camille~

Anonymous said...

Wait, I was re-reading the post and I didn't notice that you mentioned using a pattern. I must be going crazy! Hahaha! I would LOVE to make a blouse like that! You have just majorly inspired me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...